Catechism Songs and Resources
Del Rey Church is excited to share free resources to encourage the church to memorize the New City Catechism. Our desire as a church is to encourage individuals and families to memorize the New City Catechism together as a part of discipleship. Finding different resources will help us to delight in memorizing and stay engaged in the process. We are especially grateful to Landon Pietrini for creating helpful songs that coorespond with the full version of the New City Catechism. We want to share these songs and activities so you can use them during the week for your discipleship.
Each week in Kid's Church we are learning a song and completing activities to help us memorize the full version of the catechism answer. Some catechism answers may seem quite long but we have found these resources are very helpful in aiding memorization. It is so encouraging to see even our youngest children reciting the full version of the catechism. You will surprise yourself by how much you can memorize! Talk and share this process with others so you can learn more strategies for memorizing and let us know what is the most helpful for you.
These catechism resources were created for the children of Del Rey Church with permission from the Gospel Coalition who holds the copyright to the New City Catechism. These materials can be freely distributed and reproduced for the edification of the church. These materials are not to be sold or hosted on other websites. For more information on the New City Catechism, to purchase their materials, or to use their app please visit http://newcitycatechism.com/
- What is our only hope in life and death?
- What is God?
- How many persons are there in God?
- How and why did God create us?
- What else did God create?
- How can we glorify God?
- What does the law of God require?
- What is the law of God stated in the Ten Commandments?
- What does the law of God require in the first, second and third commandments?
- What does the law of God require in the fourth and fifth commandments?
- What does the law of God require in the sixth, seventh, and eighth commandments?
- What does the law of God require in the ninth and tenth commandments?
- Can any keep the law of God perfectly?
- Did God create us unable to keep his law?
- Since no one can keep the law what is its purpose?
- What is sin?
- What is idolatry?
- Will God allow our idolatry and disobedience go unpunished?
- Is there anyway to be brought back into God's favor?
- Who is the Redeemer?
- What sort of Redeemer is needed to bring us back to God?
- Why must the Redeemer be truly human?
- Why must the Redeemer be truly God?
- Why was it necessary for Christ, the Redeemer, to die?
- Does Christ’s death mean all our sins can be forgiven?
- What else does Christ’s death redeem?
- Are all people, just as they were lost through Adam, saved through Christ?
- What happens after death to those not united to Christ by faith?
- How can we be saved?
- What is faith in Jesus Christ?
- What do we believe by true faith?
- What do justification and sanctification mean?