Women's Summit 2020
UPDATE: This summit is being rescheduled for a future date due to covid-19 social distancing guidelines.
Who: The women of Del Rey Church and Community of Faith Bible Church
What: A refreshing weekend women’s retreat in mountain cabins
Speaker: Sherry Kidd
When: Friday, April 17th to Sunday, April 19th
Where: Forest Home Christian Camps in Forest Falls, California (more info here)
Why: For a time of worship, edification, fellowship, and revitalization
How: We carpool up to camp and back
Cost: Early Bird Registration is $195 (opens February 1st). Regular Registration is $225 (opens March 1st). These prices include program, room and board, speaker, etc.
TOPIC & SPEAKER
Our summit theme this year is Trustworthy. We very excited to have Sherry Kidd lead us in the study of what scripture has to say about the Lord as our firm foundaton of trust.
Forest Home Christian Camp is located in Forest Falls, which is about an hour and 45 minute drive from LAX (but can take longer with traffic). Forest Home exists for people to: Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
Forest Home offers activities and amenities such as a zipline, giant swing, sky trail (high ropes course), coffee shop, clubhouse snack shop, the game room, hiking, basketball, volleyball, and plenty of other options.
- Pillow, bed sheets, blankets, or a sleeping bag for your bed
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Boots, hiking shoes, or walking shoes (e.g. sturdy, close-toed footwear with rubber soles for traction
- Water bottle
- Bible, notebook, and pen
- Personal toiletries, including a shower towel
- Any games or activities you might want to play or do during Saturday free time
- Money for snacks and extra needs
- ear plugs or noise canceling headphones if you have trouble sleeping with noise (e.g. snoring)
- Please also come with an open heart and mind, prepared to worship the Lord, be edified by His word, and enjoy a fun weekend with the women of Del Rey Church!
SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS A SUMMIT? It’s time together to learn about God, study His word and be as a community of women together in the mountains. We are advancing and growing as a community of women – being discipled to fulfill the Great Commission -- and hence “summit” is more apt than “retreat.”
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO REGISTER? On February 1st, when Early Bird Registration opens, a registration link will be posted on this webpage. Early Bird Registration is $195 (opens February 1st). Regular Registration is $225 (opens March 1st). These prices include program, room and board, speaker, etc.
IS THERE FINANCIAL AID? As mentioned above, yes there is! Del Rey Church and Community of Faith Bible Church have scholarship funds for our congregations. Just let us know if you’re in need by indicating so on the below registration form.
CAN I HELP SPONSOR LADIES IN NEED? CAN I SPONSOR SOMEONE SPECIFIC? Thank you for thinking of it! When you register, you can add a donation that will help with scholarships to ladies in need. If you have someone specific that you would like to sponsor, yes you can! Please email email@example.com for more details.
CAN I BRING MY NURSING BABY? We love babies and their mamas! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org about your specific situation. We will do our best to accommodate nursing moms. If you do plan on bringing your nursing baby, please make sure to fill out a Forest Home Youth Registration Medical Form for your baby. You can download the form HERE.
CAN I BRING MY DAUGHTER? Adults 18 and older are invited to come to the Women’s Summit. Teens 16 and older are invited to come when they are accompanied by their mother. We strongly advise moms that the content of the Women’s Summit is adult in nature, so we suggest that only the exceptionally mature 16 and 17 year olds attend. We strive to create an environment where all attendees can share openly. Minors will room with responsible mother. Any camper under 18 must fill out a Forest Home Youth Registration Medical Form, which you can find HERE.
Registration for the Women's Summit consists of three steps:
- Fill out the Women's Summit Registration Form (below).
- Pay for the summit. You will be taken to the link while filling out the Registration Form. You can also pay via check. Please make all checks out to "Del Rey Church." If you are an attendee of Community of Faith Bible Church, please make your check out to "Del Rey Church" and place it with the offering. The CFBC staff will submit your check.
- Fill out Forest Home's Adult Registration Medical Form. You can download the form HERE or grab a hard copy at church. Please return this completed form by emailing a digital copy to email@example.com or bringing your hard copy to church with you on Sunday. (Please note: babies and youth have a different form that must be turned in. You can download Forest Home's Youth Registration Medical form HERE)