The Gospel Project
What is The Gospel Project?
The Gospel Project is a discipleship curriculum that we are implementing in our kid's programs here at Del Rey Church. It is a three-year Christ-centered chronological bible study. This fall, we are encouraging families to order their own supplies and join the many families in our church for the next three years as we trace the story of God through his word.
The Gospel Project exists to point preschoolers, kids, students, and adults to the gospel of Jesus Christ on every page of Scripture. We are excited about this opportunity to deepen our understanding and application of the gospel in every area of our lives.
What is the purpose of The Gospel Project?
We believe that the whole Bible works together to tell a single story: God’s plan to redeem His people through His Son, Jesus Christ. Through weekly group Bible studies and additional resources, The Gospel Project shows participants of all ages how God’s plan of redemption unfolds throughout Scripture and still today, compelling them to join the mission of God.
The Gospel Project for Kids will help you teach kids to:
- See the Big Story: Kids will understand that the Bible is not a collection of stories, but God’s unified story of redemption.
- Read Scripture as Christ-centered: The Leader Guide and Activity Pages provide a deep, Christ-centered Bible study experience for all ages.
- Grasp Essential Christian Doctrines: The Big Picture Questions and Answers are designed to help kids understand the essential theological doctrines of the Christian faith.
- Study the Old and New Testaments: Kids spend equal time in the Old and New Testaments, learning the key distinctions of each and how they fit together.
The Gospel Project for Students will help you teach teenagers:
- A Three-Year Journey through Scripture: Students chronologically examine all Scripture through a Christ-centered lens.
- 99 Essential Christian Doctrines: Highlights essential doctrines of the Christian faith every student should know.
- Christ Connection: Each session shows students how all Scripture points to Christ.
- Apologetics: Students will not only understand what they believe but why.
- Head, Heart, Hands: Helps students to see how the gospel transforms the way they think, feel, and live every day.
- Interactive Questions: Engages students to think through the session material and how it challenges them today.
- Daily Discipleship Material: Provides five days of discipleship content each week to help students cultivate a habit of personal Bible study.
How is DRC Using the Curriculum?
The curriculum includes one lesson every week. However, the lesson can be broken up into various smaller lessons for the family worship and devotions throughout the week. Each age group has an activity pack or booklet guide. Get something for everyone in the family. This way the whole family can move through the entire Bible at the same pace in a way that is suited to their age!
Each age group has a corresponding leader guide. Is it necessary for you to get a leader guide for every age group? No. If you have kids that span preschool through fifth grade, get one leader guide and adapt it accordingly. Each of the Leader Guides covers the same themes and scripture. They come with creative ideas for teaching the lesson and applying the lesson. Choose the leader guide that sits in the middle of the age ranges for your kids.
If you have a student, the Leader Guide is much more extensive than those for the kids. We recommend picking it up and incorporating some of its material into your family devotions. The booklet for Students includes 5-minute daily devotions. The lesson section includes a lot of questions that the Lesson Guide addresses. However, it is not necessary for the student to answer every question. As a parent, you are free to have your student do as much as you like.
Remember, this is a discipleship tool. Tailor it for your family's needs. And let's study God's word together, from Genesis to Revelation.
To order your own supplies, follow the links below:
Now that you've ordered...
The following will help you prepare for using this curriculum in your home this fall. Below you will find training videos for each session to help you as a parent prepare to teach your children the lesson of the week.
Videos for parents/teachers:
Supplemental handouts, worship songs and videos for each lesson this fall: