Catechism Songs and Resources
As a church we are memorizing the New City Catechism together. Our desire is to encourage individuals and families to memorize the New City Catechism as a part of their personal discipleship.
Each week in Kid's Church we are learning a song and completing activities to help us memorize the full version of the catechism answer. Some catechism answers may seem quite long but we have found these resources are very helpful in aiding memorization. It is so encouraging to see even our youngest children reciting the full version of the catechism. We want to share these songs and activities so you can use them during the week for your discipleship.
We are especially grateful to Landon Pietrini and Matt Thalin for creating helpful songs that coorespond with the full version of the New City Catechism.
- What is our only hope in life and death?
- What is God?
- How many persons are there in God?
- How and why did God create us?
- What else did God create?
- How can we glorify God?
- What does the law of God require?
- What is the law of God stated in the Ten Commandments?
- What does the law of God require in the first, second and third commandments?
- What does the law of God require in the fourth and fifth commandments?
- What does the law of God require in the sixth, seventh, and eighth commandments?
- What does the law of God require in the ninth and tenth commandments?
- Can any keep the law of God perfectly?
- Did God create us unable to keep his law?
- Since no one can keep the law what is its purpose?
- What is sin?