Art of Marriage
The Art of Marriage is a one-day seminar designed to show us that happier, healthier marriages start with God's flawless design.
When: Saturday, February 15, 2020, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Where: Del Rey Church, Main Auditorium
Who: YOU! Married couples, singles, pre-married couples, re-married couples
Cost: FREE! Suggested donation $20.00 per person. We'll provide materials and light refreshments. Brown bag your lunch; there are also a few fast food joints nearby, but not a ton of time to run out to get food and do your couples' "project."
Childcare: Sorry, not provided. While many married couples are also parents, we encourage you to arrange for a babysitter off-campus. In our experience in hosting the Art of Marriage a few times, the possibility of being interrupted by a child care need and feeding your kid(s) during lunch on Saturday takes away from the focus on your relationship.
Registration: Please email Pastor Tony Shen at email@example.com to register.
The Art of Marriage was created by Family Life, the ministry that brings us the Weekend to Remember marriage conferences to dozens of cities throughout the U.S. each year. The Art of Marriage, like Weekend to Remember, explains God's purpose and design for marriage, the drift toward isolation that causes conflict and sin, the roles of husband and wife, communication, and romance. You won't regret this investment in your marriage!
What is The Art of Marriage About?
Session 1: Love Happens (Purpose of Marriage)
• God designed marriage and has a great plan in mind.
• The primary purpose of marriage is to reflect God’s glory to a watching world.
• Receive your mate as God’s perfect gift for you.
Session 2: Love Fades (Drift to Isolation)
• Couples naturally drift toward isolation.
• Our differences and weaknesses push us apart.
• Sin has affected every marriage.
Session 3: Love Dances (Roles)
• God made men and women equal in value, but He designed different responsibilities for them in marriage.
• God calls men to sacrificially love and lead their wives.
• God calls women to respect and support their husbands.
Session 4: Love Interrupted (Communication)
• Conflict is common to all marriages.
• The goal is not to be conflict-free but to learn to handle conflict correctly when it occurs.
• Healthy conflict resolution occurs when couples are willing to seek and grant forgiveness.
Session 5: Love Sizzles (Romance and Sex)
• God created sex and has a wonderful design in mind.
• A satisfying sex life is the result of a satisfying marriage relationship.
Session 6: Love Always (Legacy)
• To leave a godly legacy, we must think about the impact of our lives on future generations.